Magazine Photo Competition - Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY - BY SUBMITTING IMAGE(S) YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING
Terms and Conditions
1) The Sail Scotland Photo Competition 2017 is a photographic competition open to everyone except Sail Scotland Directors and employees. The owners of the competition are Sail Scotland, Argyll, Ardfern, Lochgilphead PA31 8QN.
2) Entries must be photographs that show any part of the Scotland or the immediate and related vicinity.
3) Entries must have been taken within the five years immediately prior to the closing date. Images that have won an award (including winner, runner-up, highly commended, commended) in a major competition, have been previously published for profit, or that have been entered in such a competition where the results are still pending, are not eligible for entry.
4) There is no entry fee for the competition. There is no maximum of entries per person.
5) The competition is open to amateur, semi-professional, and professional photographers.
6) The closing date for entries is midnight on 31st August 2017.
7) The overall winner of The Sail Scotland Photo Competition 2017 will be the person whose image is selected by public vote via the Sail Scotland website.
8) Images can be taken in any format, in colour or black & white.
9) Entries must be submitted by email with the following information: Title of image, location of image, name, address, tel. number and email address. Entrants of 16 & under must provide the name and address, email and phone number of a parent or guardian who has consented to them entering the competition.
10) Please ensure that you keep copies of submitted images. The organisers will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safe storage of entries until judging, but cannot be held responsible for exceptional circumstances however arising.
11) All winners will be notified by email.
12) Prizes: The entrant, who creates the entry deemed by the public to be the single best image, will become the winner of The Sail Scotland Photo Competition 2017.
If Sail Scotland has not been able, after making reasonable efforts, to make contact with the winner, we reserve the right to award that prize (without further notice to the first winner chosen) to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner shall not be eligible for any share of the prize. Prizes are not transferable.
13) By submitting images to The Sail Scotland Photo Competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
a) they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
b) they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
c) they have the permission of those pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Sail Scotland and will fully indemnify Sail Scotland against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
d) they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Sail Scotland (see clause 14 ); and
e) they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Sail Scotland and will fully indemnify Sail Scotland against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
14) By submitting an image/s you hereby grant to Sail Scotland and its partners and associated organisations, sponsors and supporters a non-exclusive, perpetual , worldwide, free and irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for commercial and non-commercial purpose. This may include, but is not limited to:
- a) display at any exhibitions;
- b) on a secure web browser for judging purposes;
- d) on the websites of sponsors and supporters;
- e) on Social Media networks
- f) for use in press releases to be distributed to national, regional & specialist press giving information about or promoting the competition.
Copyright of each image is retained by its respective photographer. If an image is short-listed, the photographer will be asked to supply an extended caption for that image. This caption will be subject to the terms 13a and 14. Finalists agree to take part in post-competition publicity. All winners are required to give their full co-operation to all requests by Sail Scotland in connection with publicity for the competition, their entry, the prize or otherwise.
15) Sail Scotland reserves the right to remove any entries from the competition that it feels may breach or contravene laws of public decency or may bring the photographer, the competition, Sail Scotland, its partner organisations or any of its sponsors into disrepute. Digital adjustments are allowed but the integrity of the image must be maintained and the making of physical changes to the image is not permitted (removing fences, moving trees, stripping in sky from another image etc). The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any image that they feel lacks authenticity due to over-manipulation. Such entries will be deemed as void and any costs incurred will not be refunded.
16) The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Should the entries fall below the standard required by the competition organisers and the judges, then the organisers reserve the right not to award prizes. The organisers also reserve the right not to award a prize if they are aware, or have reasonable grounds to believe a winner is not eligible.
17) All images must be emailed via the email or online. It is the responsibility of the entrant to use the correct email address.
18) All personal details will be used by Sail Scotland and competition partners for the purposes of this competition in accordance with data protection legislation. Personal data will not be disclosed to a third party without prior consent.
19) By accepting the terms and conditions of the competition and subsequently submitting your images, you have entered into an agreement with Sail Scotland. Once entered, images cannot be withdrawn unless the organisers are notified of a permissions problem, in which case the images will be withdrawn on request of the copyright holder (entrant).
20) Sail Scotland Team shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury incurred as a result of participation in, or other involvement with, the competition, to the extent allowed by law and shall not be liable for any circumstances beyond it reasonable control that prevent the competition being fulfilled or any prize being taken up.
21) The information given in these Terms and Conditions is correct, but Sail Scotland reserves the right to change any of the above without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred, but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may request the return of that prize.
Any queries should be directed to Sail Scotland by using the “Contact Us” form on the website – www.sailscotland.co.uk